Sponsors

Friday, 21 June 2013

Dry Eyes Syndrome

                             Dry eyes syndrome is characterized by eye irritation resulting from a change in tear film. It can either result from decreased tear production as in many diseases or it can be a effect of  some external factors like use of contact lenses or excessive use of computers. 


SYMPTOMS :- 

           A person with dry eyes typically complains of

  1. Itching 
  2. Burning
  3. Redness
  4. Tiredness of eyes
  5. Foreign body sensation 
  6. Photo phobia sometimes
Usually the symptoms progress over the day with relief after a good night's sleep.


CAUSES :-

  • Extended contact lens use.
  • Long working hours on computer.
  • Post lasik surgery.
  • Drivers exposed to excessive air.
  • Then there are disorders like sjogren's syndrome which causes dry eyes.

TREATMENT :-


  1. The best thing one can do is blink more frequently while working on computer. The normal blink rate is 15 -18 per minute but we forget that while staring at computer. 
  2. Use contact lens judiciously with adequate breaks in between.
  3. Use artificial tear preparations which are preservative free. They can be used without any harm for sometime. If it still persist then a visit to an Ophthalmologist is necessary.       




16 comments:

  1. Great post!I have this and i use artificial tears.I will also follow your other advice and i found your article very helpfull!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this great tips! :) I frequently got my eyes red! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog!
    I'm following you too now! :)

    Only a storm in a coffee cup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spending many hours in front of my laptop this problem looks familiar to me but, I try to take care of my eyes!

    I would like to invite you to join my giveaway!
    http://angelinainlove.blogspot.gr/2013/07/persunmall-giveaway.html
    It would mean the world to me!

    Love, Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. I am glad to know the symptoms and cure.

    Thanks for visiting my blog,Take me to Tarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,
    Nice post..
    Would you like to follow each other..!!
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi :)
    Thank you sooo much for visiting me and your lovely comment, dear <3
    xoxo from Munich

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post, great blog. I propose to follow each other. If you agree to let me know in the pages of my blog.
    http://beautyselective.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to go ahead and bookmark this article for my brother for a study project for class. This is a attractive web page by the way. Where do you pick up the design for this web page?
    jeux de fille

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello girl! Beautiful blog! Great your photo :)

    Lets follow each other on GFC?)

    www.thecentralstreet.com

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so interesting! The optician told me I have dry eyes and they don't really affect me apart from when I'm outside. I look like I've been in floods of tears by the time I arrive anywhere. Thank you for sharing.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a very happy & Prosperous New Year ..Thanks for all the support! Keep writing! Keep lighting!…BEST PRAYERS FOR FUTURE!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very informative! Sometimes we neglect this things and regret it years after.

    ReplyDelete